Sponsorship is now open and we are looking for the raddest, most gnarly, hammer dropping skateboarders to join our store skateboard team for 2022. We’ve have had a relaxed approach to our team over the last couple of years and we are ready and excited to support and push a team of talented skateboarders to the next level. So, if you think you’ve got what it takes to ride for us, get your tricks down, clips polished and show us what you got!
Sponsorship is earned. We are looking for skateboarders who are pursuing skateboarding at the highest levels (no weekend warriors) who are motivated and actively chasing the pro dream. If you’re just looking for free or discounted product and a free ride, then this isn’t for you.
We also think it’s important to highlight the fact that sponsorship is more than just skateboarding and you’ll need to put the work in to keep it, have a positive attitude and most of all, be motivated to skate and promote yourself and your sponsors. If you like to challenge yourself and inspire others, we want to hear from you.
We will work as hard as you do to promote you, hook you up, get you to events and more. We will help raise your profile and, hopefully, be part of your successful skateboarding career. Having said that, it’s a two way street and sponsorship is advertising for sponsors and, if you ride for us, you will become part of the face of Slick’s Skate Store and expected to promote us wherever you can such at competitions, events and especially online through social media.
Skateboarding is for everyone and anyone. Our sponsorship is inclusive and open to individuals regardless of age, gender, race or identity. You are all skateboarders to us and you will be joining the team based on your skill as a skateboarder and your personality.
We will expect you to supply regular clips, maximise the store and your own exposure across social media and offline. In return we offer support through care packages, deep discounts and potentially finance on selected events and skate trips. We also endeavour to speak to distributor and brands to secure you additional support. All of this will be explained if you are selected for the team.
How to get sponsored
We will ONLY accept submissions submitted as requested below and will delete, without notice, any that do not follow the following rules. Remember, if you can’t be bothered to apply correctly, it suggests to us you’ll have the same lazy attitude and approach as a team member. It doesn't matter if you’re the next Andrew Reynolds or Sky Brown, you’ll need to prove it just like everyone else.
Make your submission count, you may be a great skateboarder but we need to know who you are and how well you would fit in with the rest of the team. Like we said earlier, it’s not just about being a rad skateboarder, so spend time making sure you answer the questions thoroughly… you’ll only get one chance!
How to apply
Send and email with your answers to the questions bellow, including a www.wetransfer.com link to your Sponsor Me! video, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: We are expecting a high volume of submissions so please do not send us messages or emails asking about the progress of your application. We will get back to you once we’ve looked through all the submissions and it may take some time, so please be patient.
- Email Address:
- Social Media. What platforms do you use to promote your skateboarding. List them here.
- What disciplines do you specialise in? (street, park, transitions, vert etc.)
- How long have you been skateboarding?
- What are your skateboarding goals and ambitions?
- Why do you want to be sponsored by us?
- Why should we sponsor you?
- What can you do for us and how would you do it?
- What do you expect from us as a sponsor?
- Do you have any sponsors (past or present)? If so, please list who they are and what they provide for you.
- Have you won any competitions? If so, which competitions, and where did you place?
- Have you had any coverage in the media, online or in print? If so, who and what was the coverage about?
- Tell us about yourself (Sell yourself, we want to know who you are):
Sponsor Me! Video
Your Sponsor Me! video will play a big part in whether or not you are considered, so make sure it’s the best it can be as first impressions count. Film in a variety of spots (so no skatepark only videos), be creative and only include your best tricks.
Sponsor Me! Video Requirements:
- 2-3 minutes of street and skatepark footage spliced together in one video.
- No music.
- No slow motion.
- File format preferred is .mp4 or .mov.
How NOT to get sponsored
We will only consider sponsorship submissions as detailed above. Here are some real recent examples of how not to get sponsored:
- Please don’t send us DMs on Instagram, especially when they consist of “Sponsor???” followed by “????” five minutes later when you don’t get an instant response. You’ve already proved you’re not right for the team.
- Please also do not launch into an offensive, angry, obscenity filled rant when we ask you for more information. Being rude, aggressive and swearing at us will not get you sponsored and we will happily pass your name on to other sponsors with screenshots so they know what you are all about. Skateboarding may be global, but it’s still a small community and we all talk to each other.
- Sending in one word answers to the submission questions and telling us that you’ll “bring the fire’.
- Sending us a one paragraph email asking for sponsorship and asking for a free set up.
Slick’s Skate Store
Slick’s Skate Store is based in South Kensington, London. We have been rolling since 1970 and celebrated our 50th birthday last year. Long considered the first skate store in London, we plan to continue growing the store as well as increase our impact in the skateboarding community by sponsoring the best store team we can and supporting events and competitions across the UK. Also, for those who actually read through this whole article, add to the end of your submission email the answer to the following question: Who founded Toy Machine?
Good luck with the submissions, we are looking forward to watching your videos!